MAR. 16, 2017:
The month of March is traditionally a time for a fresh start – and a Spring Clean. But why only focus on your home? Here are our top tips for sprucing up your YouTube account.
Add some SEO shine
- Keep titles short and snappy – think 70 characters or less, as longer titles will be trimmed in a Google search – and use relevant keywords towards the beginning of the title.
- Aim for 250 words maximum per description. The most important information and keywords should be in the first two sentences.
- Add links to your website and social media accounts.
- Check out Google Trending Searches – you could create a video that’s still personal to you and your brand, but that maximizes on a trending topic!
Bring color to your channel
- Create a custom background that compliments your content – and personality. Make sure you use an image that’s 1,500 pixels wide and 2,000 pixels tall for best results.
- Adjust the color scheme to match, but always make sure the text is readable.
- Need some inspiration? Every season, Pantone summarizes the colors that are trending right now. For spring, it ranges from Primrose Yellow and Lapis Blue to its Color of the Year 2017, Greenery.
Refresh your featured video
- Make sure your featured video is the best representation of your channel. Choose something that sells you and what you do, or if you’re launching a new series, create a trailer to sit in this top spot to start a buzz.
- If you are a regular poster, it might save you time to keep the default settings where YouTube shows your most recent video in this spot.
Turn up your thumbnails
- Thumbnails should entice your viewer to click, play. Choose either an image that clearly showcases the video’s content or create a front board using eye-catching colors and big, bold text.
- Read Fullscreen Media’s post on why customized thumbnails are cool.
Get organized by creating playlists
- Playlists help your audience find videos they want to watch, but they also enhance your YouTube search ranking. We recommend sorting by topic (for example: Makeup How Tos, Product Reviews, Beauty Tips) or a theme (like by series, competitions, or collaborations).
- Don’t just keep it to yourself – making a playlist of other people’s content is a nice way to build relationships with other users. Tag them to let them know and they may repay the favor.
- Want to create exclusive content for your biggest fans? Set up a private playlist – it’s a great way to say thank you or engage with the most active users on your account, keeping them coming back for more!
How will you spring clean your YouTube channel?
Hey creators, are you a part of the ipsyOS community yet? If not, what are you waiting for!? Click here to apply -> ipsyos.com/join